Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Why georgia

hey guys. i'm planning to make a cover on a song called "why georgia by JohnMayer. this song is a reli reli good song haha. this is what my research abt that song told me

The song is autobiographic, and touches on Mayer's experience of having a "quarterlife crisis", a phenomenon of 20-somethings. He moved to Atlanta, Georgia with a fellow artist in his late teens, and, though pursuing his dreams, had doubts if he would be successful or not. In one interview he said "I remember getting into some pretty dismal places money-wise and opportunity-wise. I kind of looked at my guitar and said, 'It's just you and me. I'll go where you take me

He expresses this feeling in the song's refrain:

'Cause I wonder sometimes
About the outcome
Of a still verdictless life
Am I living it right?

so i'm thinking basically this song is about his passion for his guitar xD
Credits to WikiPedia!

No comments: